Read the insurance policy here:
available until 45 days prior arrival.
From 28 December 2023, DanCenter will change its new insurance company from Gouda to Tryg .
This policy covers the persons stated on the lessor’s confirmation/
tenancy agreement and the persons who are scheduled to take
part in the tenancy. The aforementioned persons are hereinafter
referred to as ‘the insured’.
Cancellation cover will take effect upon payment of the premium
and cease at the start of the tenancy. The peace of mind package
provides cover from the start of the policy term until the end of the
1 Cancellation insurance
1.1 Scope of the policy:
The policy covers cases where the insured, his or her spouse/
cohabiting partner, family or travel companion suffers one of the
following during the policy term and the tenancy cannot be
completed because of:
- a) Death
- b) Severe acute illness
- c) Severe injury
- d) Acute deterioration of an existing condition
- e) Vaccine allergy
- f) Pregnancy which commences during the policy term
- g) Divorce
- a) The home of the insured or a travel companion is affected by fire
or burglary immediately before departure
- b) The car of the insured or travel companion is damaged to such
an extent that it is no longer roadworthy and repairs cannot be
completed before the tenancy commences.
- c) The insured, his/her spouse/partner or a travel companion is
unexpectedly dismissed from full-time employment immediately
prior to departure
- d) After dismissal from his/her full-time employment, the insured,
his/her spouse/partner or travel companion starts a new job and
is unable to get time off for the trip
In the event of cancellation, the policy covers the component of the
rent that cannot be recovered by DanCenter and Danland.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of the late
commencement of the tenancy due to reasons referred to in Article
2(1) (damage covered by the policy) or due to a delay to public transport lasting more than two hours, the documented additional
costs for commencement of the tenancy shall be subject to a
maximum amount corresponding to any cancellation.
Procedure in the event of a claim:** The insured must notify DanCenter and Danland of the
cancellation of the trip as soon as he or she becomes aware of the
event or events which render cancellation necessary. The insured
must also submit an insurance certificate and booking
confirmation to DanCenter and Danland. The insured must be able
to substantiate the reason for the cancellation through:
a) A medical certificate
b) In the case of mental illness, a psychiatrist’s certificate
c) In the case of death, a death certificate
d) In the case of divorce, an application for divorce
e) In the case of vehicle damage, a valuer’s report/statement from
a car repair workshop
f) in the case of damage to residential property, a police report
g) in the case of redundancy, a redundancy letter from the
h) in the case of appointment to a new job, an employment
certificate/statement from the employer
I) in the case of delay to public transport, documentation of the
2 Holiday compensation
The policy covers:
In the event of termination of a tenancy as a result of a loss covered
by the Cancellation Insurance (Article 2), the policy will cover:
- a) Refunding of rent payable by the insured for days on which the
tenancy is not utilised. In the case of termination after 12.00
noon, the compensation will be determined from the following
- b) Expenditure on unused travel.
- c) Additional travel expenses for early return travel (subject to a
maximum of economy class travel by air)
- d) Return of a car if it is abandoned upon termination of a trip
3 Peace of mind package
3.3 Recall: The peace of mind package covers reasonable and necessary
additional travel expenses in no more than economy class for two
persons who are covered by the policy in the event that the insured:
- a) is recalled to their home country as a result of a serious acute
illness/injury which results in the hospitalisation or death of the
insured’s spouse/cohabiting partner or family.
- b) is informed of material damage resulting from fire, flooding or
burglary in the insured’s private home in their home country or
business, or in the event of an non-contractual industrial dispute
or fraudulent actions within the insured’s own business which
requires the immediate attendance of the insured in person.
- a) It is a condition for Tryg’s liability that the recall is agreed with
- b) The peace of mind package only gives entitlement to one recall
per policy term for the person
The peace of mind package does not cover:
- 1) Recall which will result in arrival at home less than 12 hours
before the originally planned arrival.
- 2) Return travel to the starting point for repatriation.
REMARKS In the event of an accident that is covered by Article 2 of the
Cancellation Insurance, notification must be given immediately to
DanCenter, Nannasgade 28, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark. After
registering the claim notification, DanCenter will forward the notification to Tryg Forsikring in Copenhagen, who will them
process the claim and pay out compensation as and where
4. General terms and conditions
4.1.Complaints: If, after discussing a problem with us, you still disagree with our
handling of your case or the outcome, you can submit a complaint
to our complaints officer:
DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark
If you still do not agree with our decision, you can complain to:
Insurance Complaints Board
Anker Heegaardsgade 2
1572 Copenhagen SV
Telephone: + 45 33 15 89 00 (weekdays between 10am and 1pm)
A specific complaints form available from the Insurance
Complaints Board must be used when submitting a complaint. You
can also submit your complaint online. For more information on
your options, see www.ankeforsikring.dk.
4.2. Legal venue: Legal proceedings against Tryg may be brought in the insured’s
domicile or before the District Court or Eastern High Court in
- Family: EParents, parents-in-law, children, foster children, grandchildren,
children-in-law, siblings, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law and
- Insurer: The insurer is Tryg Forsikring A/S, CVR no. 24260666, which is covered by the Guarantee Fund for non-life insurance companies.
- Travel companion: A travel companion is a person who has planned to participate in
the tenancy with the insured.
- Acute illness/injury: ‘Acute eligible illness/injury’ means a recent illness/injury, a
reasonable suspicion of a recent disorder or an unexpected
deterioration in a pre-existing or chronic disorder.
- Travel cost per day::
The rent payable divided by the duration of the stay (the day of
travel and day of return are considered to be one day).
Tryg Forsikring A/S
Klausdalsbrovej 601 • DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Tel.: (+45) 43 58 58 05
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.affinity.tryg.dk • CVR-Nr.: 24260666
Telephone: (+45) 43 58 58 05
Web : https://affinity.tryg.com/en/report-claim/cancellation/
Download PDF for bookings created before 28 December 2023